- Top articles
VIVE Wireless Adapter (VIVE/VIVE Pro)
VIVE Wireless app
Solutions and FAQs
- How long is the cable on the wireless link box?
- What size of PCIe card slot do I need?
- Video quality is unstable, and there are dropped frames or glitches in some VR content. Why is that?
- What should I do when I'm getting an error code 94 after installing the PCIe WiGig card?
- What's the maximum range of VIVE Wireless Adapter and the wireless link box?
- Sometimes the wireless signal seems weak or the headset display gets disrupted. What should I do?
- Why am I not receiving phone notifications in my headset?
- Why can't I update or configure my base stations wirelessly in the SteamVR app?
- Having problems with the PCIe WiGig card?
- Having problems with your headset?
- When my computer connects to my headset through the VIVE Wireless Adapter, why does the SteamVR app take a long time to work properly?
Information and support
Installing the PCIe WiGig card
Warning: Expansion cards such as PCIe cards contain sensitive circuitry and components. Please handle your PCIe WiGig card with care. To avoid possible damage from static electricity, follow these precautions when handling the card:
- Before installing the card, shut down your computer. Unplug the power cable from your computer and the power outlet.
- Your computer may be hot if you've been using it for a long time. Wait for a few minutes to let the computer cool before touching and removing its cover.
- Before holding the card, wear a grounded wrist strap. If you don't have one, touch your hands first on a safely grounded surface such as the metal chassis of your computer.
- Avoid touching the components of the card by holding the card by the edges.
- When you need to remove the card from the motherboard, place the card back in the anti-static bag that was used to wrap it.
- Remove the computer cover.
Insert the PCIe
WiGig® card in an available PCIe slot on your motherboard.
- Put back the computer cover securely. Reconnect the cables to your computer.