|Check the headset’s LED status
- If the LED is not lit, try connecting the link box to a different power outlet.
- If the LED is dim green, the headset is on standby mode. Activate it by moving the headset or starting a VR app.
- If the LED is red, check if you're encountering a cable connection or driver error.
|Reboot the headset
- From your computer, open the SteamVR app.
- Click Direct Mode is enabled.
, and then make sure that
- Right-click the icon, and then click Reboot Vive headset.
- Wait for the reboot process to complete.
|Check the cable connections
- Make sure that your cable connections are securely attached on both ends.
- Check that the correct cables are connected to the corresponding side of the link box (orange cables should connect to the side with orange trims).
- Connect all video output cables to the same graphics card. Do not connect video output cables to ports on the motherboard.
- If available, try a different type of video output (for example, switching HDMI with DisplayPort) from the graphics card to the link box.
- Try connecting to a different USB port. If you're using USB 3.0, switch to a USB 2.0 port to see if it corrects the issue.
|Restart the link box
||For details, see How do I restart the link box?.