Nothing's in my cart
Connecting your headset to your computer to stream using a USB cable
It's easy to start streaming SteamVR titles with a USB cable.
Make sure your USB cable, computer, and headset have been prepared before connecting your headset to the computer.
- Make sure VIVE Streaming is installed and running on your computer, and that your headset is on.
USB Type-C® end of your USB cable to your headset, and then connect the other end to a USB port on your computer.
USB Type-C cable to
VIVE XR Elite.
Note:If the headset is not recognized by the computer (the USB icon in the VIVE Streaming Hub is gray), try the following:
- Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer.
- Put on your headset.
- In Choose USB mode, select Take no action the first time you stream. When streaming in the future, select VIVE Streaming.
Select your computer.
Attaching a USB Type-C cable to VIVE XR Elite
Connect your VIVE XR Elite headset to your computer using a USB Type-C cable.
Note: If your USB cable isn't long enough, you can get a VIVE Streaming Cable via the VIVE accessories page.
USB Type-C end of your cable to the USB port on the
VIVE Battery Cradle for XR Series of the headset.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to a USB port on your computer.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.