Full Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) for the HTC VIVE Promotion (“Promotion”)
Last updated: 06/23/2017
- This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Cyprus (Turkish Republic of Cyprus not included), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
All entrants must ensure that their participation (including the acceptance of any Gift) is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which they are a citizen and/or reside. This Promotion is void where void under local national laws. The Promoter shall not be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any individual's participation, or as to any other aspect of any Promotion.
- Promotion Period (“Promotion Period”): Enter between 18.00 BST on 22nd June 2017 and 18.00 BST on 5th July 2017.
- Purchase necessary. internet access and a valid Facebook account is required.
- To Enter: Purchase the HTC VIVE online at http://store.steampowered.com/app/358040/HTC_Vive/.
- Maximum one entry per purchase of an HTC VIVE is permitted throughout the Promotion Period.
- All purchases must be made by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid.
- The Reward (“Reward”): All entrants who make a purchase of the HTC VIVE online at http://store.steampowered.com/app/358040/HTC_Vive/ will receive £50/€50 off their purchase and a £50/€50 Steam Gift Card.
- The Steam Gift Cards are subject to their own terms and conditions, see: https://store.steampowered.com/account/redeemwalletcode.
- Steam Gift cards are non-refundable
- If the purchased HTC VIVE is returned the entrant shall receive a refund minus the £50/€50 Reward and if a Steam Gift Card is redeemed after the HTC VIVE is returned the Promoter reserves the right to charge the customer’s card, linked to their Digital River account,
- Rewards are accepted entirely at the risk of entrants and the Promoter excludes all warranties in connection with any Reward. The Promoter is not liable for any costs relating to the acceptance of a Reward or any add-ons required.
- This Reward cannot be used in conjunction with any other reward of offer.
- Where an entrant chooses not to accept a Reward, they forfeit any and all claims to that Reward.
- Rewards are not transferable, are not exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Reward for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility shall be taken by the Promoter for any entries misdirected, lost, delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or received after the closing date of the Promotion.
- All decisions made on or on behalf of the Promoter shall be final and binding. No discussion or correspondence shall be entered into by the Promoter concerning any decisions made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Reward. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter reserves the absolute right to disqualify any entrant which it considers has used improper technical means to enter the Promotion. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties shall not be accepted. Entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of the Terms and Conditions in full shall be disqualified.
- Participants are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit the Promoter to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without the Promoter's advance written acceptance of the same
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure or breach under the Terms and Conditions if such failure or breach has been caused by reason of Force Majeure which shall mean circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including but not limited to illness, death or resignation of personnel, acts of government, acts of God, war, terrorist activity or industrial action. The Promoter shall take all reasonable steps necessary to mitigate the effect of Force Majeure.
- In the event that an event of Force Majeure continues for a continuous period of five (5) days or more, the Promoter shall be entitled to terminate the Terms and Conditions with immediate effect by written notice to the entrants.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with the Terms and Conditions and any additional terms and conditions relevant to the Promotion, the Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to any written directions given under applicable law, to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- The validity, construction and performance of the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising under or in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which the parties to the Terms and Conditions hereby submit save that HTC may in its discretion seek to enforce any right or remedy against the entrant directly through the courts of any other competent jurisdiction by reason of the domicile or place of business of the entrant.
The Promoter is:HTC Europe Co., Ltd. ("HTC") of Salamanca, Wellington Street, Slough, Berks SL1 1YP, U.K.