Installing the PCIe WiGig card
Warning: Expansion cards such as PCIe cards contain sensitive circuitry and components. Please handle your PCIe WiGig card with care. To avoid possible damage from static electricity, follow these precautions when handling the card:
- Before installing the card, shut down your computer. Unplug the power cable from your computer and the power outlet.
- Your computer may be hot if you've been using it for a long time. Wait for a few minutes to let the computer cool before touching and removing its cover.
- Before holding the card, wear a grounded wrist strap. If you don't have one, touch your hands first on a safely grounded surface such as the metal chassis of your computer.
- Avoid touching the components of the card by holding the card by the edges.
- When you need to remove the card from the motherboard, place the card back in the anti-static bag that was used to wrap it.
- Shut down your computer. Unplug all cables. Remove the computer cover.
Insert the PCIe
WiGig® card in an available PCIe slot on your motherboard.
- Close the computer cover securely. Reconnect cables to your computer.