Setting up VIVE Wireless Adapter
Here's what you need to do to set up VIVE Wireless Adapter for your headset.
Install the PCIe card to your computer. Connect the wireless link box to the card.
Installing the PCIe
WiGig card and
Connecting the wireless link box to your computer.
- Attach VIVE Wireless Adapter to the headset. Depending on your VIVE headset, refer to the instructions in these topics:
- Download and install the VIVE Wireless app on your computer. Use it to pair the wireless adapter with the wireless link box. For details, see Installing the VIVE Wireless app and Connecting your headset with your computer wirelessly.
Connect the power bank to the wireless adapter. Clip it to your waist belt.
Connecting the power bank to
VIVE Wireless Adapter.
VIVE Wireless app. Make sure your headset's wireless connection shows the "Ready" status before you open the
Use the SteamVR app to check that your base stations, controllers, and additional VR hardware are ready for use. For details, see the VIVE and VIVE Pro support pages.Important: Make sure you have SteamVR app version 1533664367 or later installed on your computer.
Open the VR app you want to use. When you're ready to play VR content, put on your headset with the attached wireless adapter.
Warning: The wireless adapter vents may become hot during normal operation. Do not touch until cool.
- Setting up a wireless multiuser VR environment
- Sometimes the wireless signal seems weak or the headset display gets disrupted. What should I do?
- Why am I not receiving phone notifications in my headset?
- Having problems with the PCIe WiGig card?
- Having problems with your headset?
- When my computer connects to my headset through the VIVE Wireless Adapter, why does the SteamVR app take a long time to work properly?