Solutions and FAQs
- VIVE Streaming doesn't want to launch on my computer. What can I do?
- I've started streaming but I don't see anything in the headset except for a loading animation. What should I do?
- My computer doesn't recognize the headset and the USB icon on VIVE Streaming Hub is gray. What can I do?
- I can't get wireless streaming to work, what can I do?
- How do I show others what's inside the headset while doing wireless streaming?
- After starting my streaming session on my headset, I see a green screen. What should I do?
- VIVE Streaming can't update successfully. What should I do?
- How do I make VIVE Streaming communicate through Windows Defender Firewall?
- How do I resume playing a PC VR title?
- What should I do if I have trouble running OpenXR titles?
- Why doesn't the PC VR title launch after selecting it in the Library?
- What do I do if controllers don't work properly when streaming apps?
- Are hand tracking and VIVE Wrist Tracker supported by VIVE Streaming?
- What should I do if I can't successfully scan the QR code when setting up wireless streaming?
- How do I set up full-body tracking in VRChat?
- What facial expressions does VIVE Streaming support?
- What should I do if eye and facial tracking are not working properly?
- How do I improve VIVE Streaming performance?
- I'm experiencing some content jittering when streaming, what can I do?
- The content seems to be stuttering a lot and the streaming experience is not what I was expecting. What can I do?
- How do I adjust graphics and performance settings for VIVE Streaming?
- Why am I experiencing stuttering in my PC VR streaming session while using VIVE Ultimate Tracker?
- Why doesn't my streaming session start right away and I see a "Preparing VIVE Ultimate Trackers" message every time?
- When I launch VIVE Streaming on the computer, I see an error that says "No VIVE Streaming driver found." What should I do?
- I'm seeing an error "No supported GPU found", what should I do?
- In SteamVR, I see an error "Wrong video card." What should I do?
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
Connecting your headset to your computer to stream wirelessly
Before starting a wireless streaming session, you need to pair your headset with your computer.
Make sure your computer and headset have been prepared before connecting your headset to the computer.
- Make sure VIVE Streaming is installed and running on your computer, and that your headset is on.
Connect your computer directly to your Wi-Fi router using an ethernet cable.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi router that the headset connects to supports 802.11ac (5 GHz) or 802.11ax (5 GHz, 6 GHz)
- Make sure the headset and Wi-Fi router are in the same room and that there is a clear line of sight between the headset and the Wi-Fi router.
- Put on your headset.
Settings > Connectivity > Computer connection.
Select your computer.
Tip: Select Set "PC VR apps" as the default Library filter if you primarily use your headset to stream PC VR titles.A QR code will appear on your computer screen. A numerical pairing code will also appear below the QR code.
Do any of the following to pair the headset with the computer:
- Use the headset to scan the QR code on your computer screen.
Check if the pairing code below the QR code matches the pairing code in the headset. If the pairing codes match, click Pair.Note: The pairing code only appears when using headset system version 1.0.999.374 or later and VIVE Streaming Hub 1.2.1 or later.
- If you can't successfully scan the QR code, see What should I do if I can't successfully scan the QR code when setting up wireless streaming?. Alternatively, you can confirm that the two pairing codes match and click Pair.
- You only need to pair the headset and computer once.