VIVE Wireless Adapter (VIVE/VIVE Pro)
VIVE Wireless app
Solutions and FAQs
- How long is the cable on the wireless link box?
- What size of PCIe card slot do I need?
- Video quality is unstable, and there are dropped frames or glitches in some VR content. Why is that?
- What should I do when I'm getting an error code 94 after installing the PCIe WiGig card?
- What's the maximum range of VIVE Wireless Adapter and the wireless link box?
- Sometimes the wireless signal seems weak or the headset display gets disrupted. What should I do?
- Why am I not receiving phone notifications in my headset?
- Why can't I update or configure my base stations wirelessly in the SteamVR app?
- Having problems with the PCIe WiGig card?
- Having problems with your headset?
- When my computer connects to my headset through the VIVE Wireless Adapter, why does the SteamVR app take a long time to work properly?
Information and support
Setting up a wireless multiuser VR environment
Below are the requirements for setting up a multiuser environment.
- A computer running the VR content
- A VIVE or VIVE Pro headset with VIVE Wireless Adapter that's connected wirelessly to the computer
- Their own play area
Each wireless link box must be arranged facing the respective user's play area.
In the VIVE Wireless app on each computer, set the Connection mode. Click > Settings > Connection mode, and then choose a mode. Make sure VIVE Wireless adapters with overlapping coverage are in different modes.
Additional requirements for a 10 by 10 meter space setup
The 10 by 10 meter space setup is meant for a multiuser environment with computers running server-based VR content.
You need to use VIVE Pro headsets and SteamVR Base Station 2.0. You need four base stations.
- Place the base stations at the borders of the 10 by 10 meter space.
- Make sure a base station is 4 meters (13.12 ft) away from one edge and 6 meters (19.7 ft) away from the other edge of the space.
- Tilt each of the base stations horizontally at a 30-degree angle.