VIVE Wireless Adapter (VIVE/VIVE Pro)
VIVE Wireless app
Solutions and FAQs
- How long is the cable on the wireless link box?
- What size of PCIe card slot do I need?
- Video quality is unstable, and there are dropped frames or glitches in some VR content. Why is that?
- What should I do when I'm getting an error code 94 after installing the PCIe WiGig card?
- What's the maximum range of VIVE Wireless Adapter and the wireless link box?
- Sometimes the wireless signal seems weak or the headset display gets disrupted. What should I do?
- Why am I not receiving phone notifications in my headset?
- Why can't I update or configure my base stations wirelessly in the SteamVR app?
- Having problems with the PCIe WiGig card?
- Having problems with your headset?
- When my computer connects to my headset through the VIVE Wireless Adapter, why does the SteamVR app take a long time to work properly?
Information and support
10 by 10 meter space
Ideally, if you have a 10 m x 10 m (33 ft x 33 ft) space, there can be up to nine users.
- Each user needs to have their own play area with a maximum size of 2 m x 2 m (6.5 ft x 6.5 ft).
- In order for users wearing headsets with VIVE Wireless Adapter to be covered by the nearest base stations, set up their play areas at least 0.5 meters (1.6 ft) away from any border. Play areas also need to be 1.5 meters (5 ft) apart.
- Make sure not to set neighboring users to the same
Connection mode. Choose alternating modes for each of the users. Here's an example:
Connection modes in this example:
- Blue: mode 1
- Green: mode 2
- Orange: mode 3
- The total number of individual VIVE controller and VIVE Tracker units within the space cannot exceed 13. If each user needs two controllers, you'll have to reduce the total number of users.