- How many base stations can I use?
- Can I use an odd number of base stations?
- Cleaning the base stations
- Can I use more than one VIVE Tracker (3.0)?
- Why does VIVE Tracker (3.0) automatically turn off?
- How do I verify that VIVE Tracker (3.0) is detected?
- What does the status light on VIVE Tracker (3.0) mean?
- Why doesn't the VIVE Tracker (3.0) status icon on the Mars dashboard turn blue?
- Troubleshooting VIVE Tracker (3.0)
- Why can't I see the incoming video feed in the Camera Calibration Tool?
Why can't I see the incoming video feed in the Camera Calibration Tool?
If the Camera Calibration Tool doesn't display the incoming video feed after you select a video source, try reconfiguring your video capture device. For example, if you're using a Blackmagic DeckLink 8K Pro, you can resolve this issue by configuring the connector mapping as follows:
- In the Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility, select your device, and then click the settings icon .
- Click the
Connector Mapping, select one of the following for
- SDI 1 & 2 In, SDI 3 & 4 Out
- SDI 1 In, SDI 2 Out