Nothing's in my cart
Replacing the headset cable
Replace the original VIVE Cosmos headset cable with the short headset cable from the VIVE Cosmos Wireless Adapter Attachment Kit.
Peel off the back pad starting from both ends until it detaches from the headset band.
Then detach the headset cable strip from the back pad.
- Gently pull down the rear end of the top strap to unhook it.
While holding the visor with one hand, pull up the headset band.
Detach the left on-ear headphone from the headset band.
Flip open the metal clasp of the left headphone. Then detach it and its side cushion.
- Remove the face cushion frame from the headset. See Detaching the face cushion frame.
Unplug the original headset cable. Then connect the short headset cable to the headset cable port.
- Reattach the face cushion frame. See Reattaching the face cushion frame.
- Reattach the left on-ear headphone and side cushion to the headset band. See Attaching the left on-ear headphone.
Detaching the face cushion frame
To release the frame from its latches, gently pull on either side of the frame starting from the bottom, and then pull one side at a time on the top.
Important: Avoid pulling or squeezing on the sides of the face cushion frame to prevent damaging the frame.
Reattaching the face cushion frame
Align and push the tabs on the frame into their corresponding slots on the headset.
Note: Make sure to position the ridge of the face cushion frame below the headset, audio, and USB cables.
You'll hear a click when the face cushion frame locks in place.
Attaching the left on-ear headphone
Attach the left headphone to the left side of the headset band.
- Pin the short headset cable along the cable guide on the left headphone.
Hook the headphone clip back to the left side of the headset band.
- The screw holes and line marker on the band are helpful guides for positioning the clip.
- While the clasp is loose, you can reposition the headphone clip for a more comfortable fit. Make sure that the clip on the other side lines up correctly.
Make sure that the stopper on the short headset cable isn't caught in the clasp, and is on the visor side to prevent damage to the visor while in VR.
- Close the clasp around the headset band and snap into place.